2022-23 MIHS Student Ambassadors
Julia Harper, MIHS Senior
Silas Burkey, MIHS Junior
Nathan Wen, MIHS Junior
As a MISF Student Ambassador, you will join the Foundation Board in a non-voting role to represent student voices, provide outreach to the MIHS community, and act as a liaison between MIHS students and the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
This position is a one- or two-year commitment starting in September and is available to incoming Sophomores and Juniors. This program will be in its second year for the Foundation. We are looking for 2-3 students who will prioritize their Foundation responsibilities, have strong communication skills, and want to make a difference in our schools!
- Understand and support the Foundation’s mission, objectives, strategies, and programs
- Attend MISF board meetings each month
- Attend Student Ambassador meetings once a month
- Act as a voice on the MISF Board of Trustees to represent MISD students
- Develop a solid understanding of community investments made to the Foundation and the impact on student’s education
- Participate in at least one Student Ambassador-driven project or initiative to increase awareness among high school students or help facilitate a new program idea
- Participate as a volunteer in Foundation marketing & fundraising activities – Dine Out for Schools, Summer Celebration Foundation, Phone-A-Thon, and the Spring for Schools event
- Help spread the word to MIHS seniors about the MISF Penny Yantis Scholarship
- Share information about the Foundation and Foundation-funded programs with your peers and help recruit and interview incoming Student Ambassadors
"*" indicates required fields